Welcome to Yoga & Soma with Karan
Private Yoga Classes, Reiki and Meditation in and around Ealing W5
"Yoga is the journey of the Self, through the Self , to the Self"
Private yoga classes can be whatever you need them to be, yoga at your pace, for your needs and your goals. Yoga can be a gentle yet effective method for reducing stress and improving physical, mental & emotional wellness.
Our busy modern lives put a lot of pressure on our heart, body and mind.
Yoga can help us to keep our spine healthy and prevent long term back pain and reduce stress, anxiety, depression and trauma.
Yoga can compliment our other activities such as skiing, cycling and running, improving flexibility, strength. By learning to move mindfully we can prevent as well as heal our injuries.
If you are new to yoga and nervous about joining a class the personal attention of one to one sessions could give you a head start and help you find the confidence to dive into a group class.
If you are working with an injury or looking to improve postural alignment, to enhance your sports performance or just looking for a gentler way to maintain fitness a tailor made programme can be designed just for you.
Classes can be in the comfort of your own home, place of work or my home studio.
What can you expect from a private yoga class ?
- A tailor made programme to suit you
- Personal attention
- Improved postural alignment, strength and flexibility
- Increased awareness of your unique patterns of movement and how to work with any injuries
- Improving yoga technique, moving mindfully and safely
- Developing your own home practice; becoming your own yoga teacher
- A deep relaxation or reiki treatment at the end of every class
Restorative / Corrective Exercise
Restorative exercise can be really helpful when we are working with a condition such as arthritis, hip pain, back pain or recovering from an injury.
Injuries, joint pain, muscular-skeletal conditions can make movement painful and restricted. Restorative Exercise such as Somatics and Biomechanics are gentle, mindful and really effective.
During a private class I draw together my experience of restorative exercise and traditional yoga and we will work together to find the right exercises and pace for you to optimise your improvement and recovery and maintain health.
You can read a little more about restorative exercise in my article about somatics
What can you expect from one to one classes ?
- A tailor-made programme to suit your needs and your goals
- An hour or hour and half of personal attention
- Advise on exercising with your injury or condition
- Improving mobility and strength and postural alignment
- Support through recovery from your injury
- A deep relaxation at the end of every class
Classes can take place at your home, place of work or my home studio. Please get in touch if you would like to have private classes.
Meditation & Yoga Nidra
The practice of meditation is enriching but for many of us as soon as we close our eyes the seemingly simple task of stilling the mind feels daunting even impossible.
We might be interested in learning meditation for many different reasons; to reduce stress; to heal grief, emotional pain and trauma; to seek enlightenment! Mediation can also help us to tap into our creative potential, develop internal awareness and improve confidence and self-esteem.
During a private meditation class I can show you simple mediation technique that you can take home and practice yourself. I strongly believe that mediation does not have to be complicated or mysterious. Meditation can be simple, easy and benefit everyone.
Sometimes we might need inspiration or support in a mediation practice when we can get stuck or feel frustrated at "lack of progress" because we are not seeing the change that we hope for and mediating with another person can help. Co-meditation or one to one meditation can be a way to start, explore or progress your mediation practice within a supported context, if you are stuck in your personal mediation practice
- ask questions ,work through questions any feelings of being stuck in a supportive environment
- feelings of trauma, pain held in a supportive environment
- techniques to process difficult emotions, thoughts, trauma
- increase creativity
Reiki is a gentle & unique method harnessing the spiritual energy of the universe to improve physical, emotional and psychological well-being.
I practice and am a student of Jikiden Reiki which is traditional Japanese reiki, closest to reiki's original practices and direct lineage. I have reiki Shoden & Okuden which means that I can offer reiki for physical, emotional and distance healing.
As a complimentary treatment Reiki can help physical injuries and ailments and support through emotionally difficult times, including recovery from trauma.
What can you expect from a reiki treatment?
- initial consultation to discuss your needs for reiki
- 40min reiki treatment
- 4 - 6 week course as required
- advice on complimentary yoga, meditation or mindfulness practices
"Deep Breaths are like little love notes to your body"